Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raju (Manager)     05 May 2024

Sub division of a land in kotagiri hill station among friends - is there any local law restriction

Dear Sir/Madam,

Along with me, two other friends of mine bought 21 cents of land in Kotagiri Tamilnadu which is a hill station in Nilgiris district.  This was bought 4 years back and the land is in name of all three of us. But now i want to get this sub division and  register 7 cents in my name separately. The other two parties are aligned for this proposal so that all three can have their piece of land clearly demarcated and registered separately. But when we check with Kotagiri sub registrar office, they said that this sub division is not allowed and we cannot divide among ourselves. The option they propose is 1. Either to sell this entire 21 cents property to one single person outside or 2. One among the three parties can buy the other two party share and register in his name.

Please suggest ways to get this legally split among three so that we can have our own share of 7 cents each registered.

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 May 2024

If the law do not permit you to split the 21 cents into 7 cents each by sub division or partition, then how do you expect any releif on this.

You were properly advised to either sell it jointly or one among you to purchase other's share.

Why are you keen on crating your own law when the law is not permitting you to go by your proposal 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     06 May 2024

Local laws apply to your query, it is better to consult a local lawyer.

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 May 2024

What is the law under which the proposed sub-division is not being permitted? Obtain the relevant information under RTI.

Else, one among you may file a partition suit with other two joint holders as defendants.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register