Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498a affidavit

Page no : 2

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     14 August 2014

I second T. Kalaiselvan

AS   14 August 2014

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate : Thanks for help . Please share your number can i discuss this point in deep with you.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 August 2014

Thank  you very much Mr. Shoney Kapoor for endorsing my views. 

@Author: you may visit my profile to know about my personal details viz. phone number or mail id.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     15 August 2014

I concur with Mr. T. Kalaiselvan. 

AS   16 August 2014

Thanks to Shonee Sir and T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 August 2014

why do not you keep facts on one thread and get benefitted by complete  advise.  Advise based on half facts can be dangerous.

repeated

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=107313&offset=1

Originally posted by : victim_27_Delhi

in my case, the day -   both side parents agreed/ finalized our marriage ( one month before marriage date), a written agreement was made ( traditional customary in marriage ) where it was written that marriage was mutually agreed by both side without exchange of any demand/ articles. said paper was under signed by My father, uncle and cousin brother ( from my side) AND my Father-in-law, wife's uncle and a distant relative ( from wife side).

it was not a stamp paper but a paper with photograph of God on the top. how useful will be this paper during 498A trial ?  

technically what type of evidence is this ? is it admissible in Court ?

you can prove by this document that till the date of execution of this paper there was no dowry demand.

This papers is no proof that there no demand on later occasions.

1 Like

she has alleged that:-

"But in her cross she mentioned that all of sudden i appered in her house and force her and her parents to sign the document and flew away ."

Since you hav got affidavit under RTYI and apprently you got copy only that implies that you never touched the original.

You caninsist forescic examination of finger rpintes on the original.

Have you gone to the stamp vendor to see his register to know as to who purchased the stamp paper in whose name, from which place on which date.

link

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=107313&offset=1

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     16 August 2014

@ Mr. Kapoor,

"I just learnt that affidavit requires witness by two witnesses"

All affidavit is not a valid evidence unless it is as per said section on Indian Evidence Act hence not need of signature of two witness.

AS   17 August 2014

Sudhir Kumar

Have you gone to the stamp vendor to see his register to know as to Who purchased the stamp paper in whose name, from which place on which date.

Nice Idea, I remember the exact sequence , It was purchased by girl father only and i remember place and date too. I will try to double check the same in vendor register also.

Please advise how to proceed further, Once i check the register . Shall i ask him to give photo copy or is there any formal way like RTI or via court  to get certified copy of that register.

It was purchased from vendors sitting outside the court.

Amit (BAC)     04 April 2015

I need experts advise and directions on below matter, please read and advise.

I'm doing second marriage after my valid divorced and the second party also got divorced with valid legal papers.

I'm planning this marriage in Arya samaj without any dowry or any kind of gift from seconad party but I need this to be on some legal papers just to safe myself, what would be the correct apporach on this.

Second party is agreed on "No dowry in this marriage" declaration on stamp paper duly signed.

Would this be valid incase something goes wrong in second marriage?

Regards

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     05 April 2015

Mr. Amit,

If she says - During the marriage you did not demand any dowry but after the marriage you made unlawful demands like dowry then ???

There is no best way, except protest against these laws by filing PIL in supreme court to scrape it.

[ Another way is - don't solemnized the marriage :P]

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register