LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhijith M S   07 October 2016

Cruelty against husband

Can wife asking for divorce 1 week after marriage without speaking anything with husband and any other family members and not coming to husbands home amount to mental cruelty against husbands

Learning

10 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     07 October 2016

Divorce can be applied only after a year is over from the time of marriage. Whatever you have referred can't be called as cruelty when it happens for such a short period

A walk alone (-)     07 October 2016

It doesn't amount to cruelty if happen for short period. If this continue for long time then its amounts to cruelty. In this case husband should go MCD. Nothing husband can get by dragging dead relationship .

(Guest)

According to law mental cruelty is very vaguely defined.  Precedents are a proof for this, each case is new and in each such case if it is proved that the petitioner so claiming mental cruelty meted out to her, will only give a new definition to mental cruelty according to tne new judgement passed each time.  In general, what might be cruelty for you might not be for me, but here it depends on how the case is presented before the judge and how the court sees it.  For divorce minimum 1 year should be completed irrespective of which caste the person  belongs.

Sachin (N.A)     08 October 2016

Divorce is not possible before one year of marriage but you both can file annullment of marriage on the ground of 

That marriage happened through without the consent of both the individuals.

ABHI   08 October 2016

I don't want divorce from my wife. But my wife is asking for divorce. So is there anyway where I won't get divorce from my wife, or how I should present my case in the court so that I won't get divorce

ABHI   08 October 2016

I don't want divorce from my wife. But my wife is asking for divorce. So is there anyway where I won't get divorce from my wife, or how I should present my case in the court so that I won't get divorce

ABHI   08 October 2016

ABHI   08 October 2016

ABHI   08 October 2016

A walk alone (-)     09 October 2016

If your wife has file divorce case then fight it on your merits. She can only file divorce after completion of one year of marriage. She will have to prove her allegation also. Without allegation her case will be dismissed. If you are not agree for MCD then it will difficult for her to take divorce. But be prepared your if she wants divorce she may file false allegation against you via 498a or dv or at last divorce. You may have to run many years in court. Remember one thing also no court no judge can force her to live with you. At last I am again suggesting you if she dnt want to live with you instead of wasting time and money in courts go MCD.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register