Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hardeep (Business)     15 September 2014

Documents required for filing for divorce

On a website I see :

"For filing for divorce in India, you are required to hand over the following photocopies of documents to your lawyer.

• Income Tax statements for the past 2 or 3 years
  • Details of your profession and your present remuneration
  • Your birth and family related information
  • Details of properties and assets possessed by you "

I am confused about this since none of the above is mentioned in the Grounds for Divorce in HMA. So why asked ?

would appreciate clarifications from Seniors.

Learning

3 Replies

yogendra (engineer)     15 September 2014

Hardeep (Business)     22 September 2014

Hi all

since I have not got a reply yet, I am bumping this up with a request to all to come in with their views.

if possible please provide reference of relevant cases, legal provisions etc  to support your view.

thanks much for your efforts.

Hardeep (Business)     22 September 2014

On another site, in answer by a Lawyer, this is what I see as the Documents required for filing for Divorce by Mutual Consent :

* Proof of marriage (Marriage Certificate issued by Registrar of Marriages Or Photograph of Marriage Ceremony, wedding card),

* Identity Proof of both parties (Passport,Voter's Card,Ration card,Official Identity Card issued by Government etc),

* Passport size photographs of both parties to be affixed on the Joint Petition for divorce by mutual consent under section 13B of the Hindu Marriage Act,1955,

* Joint Statement of both taken on first date of hearing/first motion, to be signed by both & their finger impression taken, both parties are also identified by the lawyers engaged for the job of securing decree of divorce from the Family Court.

* Along with these documents copy of any mutually agreed agreement between the parties with regard to the custody of child or the issue of permanent alimony/maintenance should also be placed in court case file, otherwise these two issues & the issue of Stridhan/property of the wife should be clearly mentioned in the joint petition.

As can be seen , there is no mention of income Tax Returns, assets owned etc.....

Looking forward to all inputs ....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register