LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hridika Adhikari   28 June 2024

Ews for married women

I am married to my husband who has EWS CERTIFICATE.. I M STAYING WITH MY HUSBAND AND IN LAWS ... MY HUSBAND AND HIS FATHER AND MOTHER HAS NO ASSETS ON THEIR NAME AND MY GROSS FAMILY INCOME OF MY INLAWS INCLUDING MY HUSBAND IS LESS THAN 8 LAKHS SO I APPLIED FOR EWS CERTIFICATE AS I M STAYING ON RESTED WITH MY INLAWS... BUT THEY ARE NOT PROVIDING ME EWS AND REGECTED MY APPLICATION ON THE FACT THAT I M SINGLE CHILD OF MY FATHER AND I WILL GET HIS PROPERTY AND ASSETS IN FUTURE. WHY THIS IS TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION AS I M ALREADY MARRIED?? MY AFTER MARRIAGE MY FATHER ASSETS MY TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION?? I M CURRENTLY JOBLESS AND MY HUSBAND IS STUDYING postgraduate and my mother in law in a homemaker and my father in law gets pension of around 5000/- only per month and no body else earns in my family.

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 June 2024

The eligibility to get the EWS certificate is not only purely based on annual family income but also based on the held property. The income limit has been set by the central government for admission to central government-owned colleges and jobs offered by the central government. The definition of Family in EWS reservation means:-"The person who seeks benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years". Candidate's annual family income must be less than Rs. 8 lakhs per annum. His family must not own more than 5 acres of agriculture land. The residential flat area should be below 1000 sq ft. The residential plot's area should be below 100 square yards if in a notified municipality sector. The residential plot's area should be below 200 square yards if in a non-notified municipality sector. once your marital status changes from Single to Married, your Maternal Income is not considered as your family annual income. If yours is a Joint Family and you live with your In-Laws, and their income also is included in the Family maintenance, then yes your In Laws Income and Assets will be considered as family income. And for being eligible for EWS reservation, you should belong to General Category and your annual family income including all the Family members shall not exceed 8 lakhs per annum. Because you are married, your Father and Mother's annual income shall not be accounted for to consider your eligibility for EWS reservation

Hridika Adhikari   28 June 2024

But sir they are not giving me certificate because my father has property and assets and because i m his single child... What to do now sir?? Why my fathers assets is seen here?? As i m already married right now and my name has been registered in ration card of my inlaws... 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 June 2024

You get a certificate from your father stating that he will not give his property to you or you can approach district collector with a complaint in this regard to get your task completed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register