LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesh Shetye (System Administrator )     11 July 2013

How to obtain occupancy certificate in case the cooperative

Hi I Wanted to know how to obtain occupancy certificate in case the cooperative housing society has misplaced it. The building was constructed to serve as staff quarters in 2013 and subsequently the flats were sold to staff. A cooperative housing soc was formed by the new owners (ex employees). However, when we applied for a home loan recently, the bank wanted a copy of teh occupancy certificate. On asking the CHS, they said that they are not in possession of the same. What should be done to get a copy? Is there any other alternative document? is there any way we can obtain the same from BMC. We are paying the assessment tax of BMC regularly. I tried to contact society for copy of OC but they don’t has and misplaces. Even I tried to contact BMC offices but even from them they never replied on who will issue the OC if misplaces. Also society already approaches the builder but he also never replied. 

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     11 July 2013

You can obtain occupation certificate from the registrar of cooperative societies office. 

Mahesh Shetye (System Administrator )     12 July 2013

yes i already contact with society, but they don't has OC with then, it was misplaced by previous society members. As the people are paying BMC assessment tax. So if I want the duplicate copy of OC where I can apply and what will be the process ?? 

2BHelpfull (Other)     13 July 2013

u can get duplicate occupation certificate from the local government agency or building department who has authority to issue OC in ur area .

Mahesh Shetye (System Administrator )     15 July 2013

Thanks for reply .. Can you please elaborate from which government authority we can taken request for OC. if you explain the process that will be help full.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register