LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AC FROM INDIA (SR MANAGER)     25 July 2011

Is hacking emails of wife by detective a cyber crime?

DEAR ADVOCATES,

I NEED YOUR EXPERT OPINIONS ON FOLLOWING CASE,

I AM PLANNING TO HIRE A DETECTIVE TO FIND OUT THE EXTRA MARITAL AFFAIR OF MY WIFE AND HER INCOME DETAILS. I TALKED TO MANY DETECTIVES ABOUT HACKING HER EMAIL ACCOUNT AND HER INTERNET BANKING ACCOUNT FOR GETTING BANK STATEMENTS. SOME SAID THEY COULD NOT DO IT AS IT WOULD BE CYBER CRIME. SOME SAID THEY COULD DO IT. I WISH TO KNOW, WHETHER IT IS PERMITTED UNDER THE LAW TO GET EMAIL INFORMATION AND BANK STATEMENTS BY PROFESSIONAL DETECTIVES (WHO HACK THE ACCOUNTS), TO SEEK THE TRUTH.

PLEASE ADVISE ME SOTHAT I DO NOT LAND UP INTROUBLE.

Learning

6 Replies

manmeet singh arora (lawyer)     25 July 2011

Dear Friend,

"Hacking" itself is a crime and punishable  under information technology Act, and is termed as a cyber crime:Technically, however hiring an detective to track the trail through the internet either hacking through email a/c and to view bank statements could possibly be done if the detective is willing to give you a written report of his investigation and if possible ready to depose(give evidence as to his method of investigation) before the court as expert witness if this evidence  is reqiured in a court Trial.

Secondly investigators and detective in india are qualified, but the bill regarding permitting detecives and private investigators is still pending before the parliament, see that you get a report of investigation duly signed by the private investigator.

Best Regards,

Manmeet Singh Arora

Ms Liberal (others)     25 July 2011

Yes it is Kindly discuss the same with wife openly rather than through detective services. Wife definately looses the faith in man

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     25 July 2011

Your intention is not bad to hack the email of your wife.  You want to hack the mails of your wife but not any third persons,  You can defend yourself  if  any case is filed against you by your wife for hacking her mails under cyber crimes.

Harish K. Chandak (Advocate)     25 July 2011

sir ethical hacking is permitted under law, but if u r taking undue advantage from it then it would become crime, even without applying this strategy go to hire detective who watch full time on her & if you find something wrong for ur trust then hire ethical hacker for finding transaction without intention to modify or delete it, but try to apply first part of this cause term hacking is very wide......if u are at Delhi then there are much more machinery to find extra marital relations..... Good Luck

AC FROM INDIA (SR MANAGER)     26 July 2011

DEAR SIR,

ARE THERE ANY DETECTIVES IN MUMBAI WHO PROVIDE SERVICES OF TRACKING EMAILS ON NET AND BANK STATEMENTS THROUGH INTERNET BANKING AND WHO GIVE WRITTEN AND SIGNED REPORT OF IT AND ARE READY TO DEPOSE BEFORE THE COURT IF NEED ARISES?

PLEASE GUIDE.

Dipangkar (Business)     26 July 2011

Pro Hackers are diffucult to find in real life. Most peoples or Computer gurus often wants to 'show-off' that they can Hack, but in reallity it's NOT SO EASY. Emails service providers are using Defencive tech. at their level best, and also those "formulas" keeps changing every now-and-then.

But still there are some inborn Genius in this world, who keeps sticking to the computers 24/7.

You can find some Pro. in the net, but even for that you will have to use lotta effforts. Try googling for hacker's sites that have a chatbox.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register