LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

v y   21 August 2021

Is it possible to be joint owners of mhada property

My father was issued dekar patra (allotment letter) by mhada in august 2019. In Sep 2019, my father then submitted kshatipurti bandh-patra, shapath patra, indemnity bond, agreement for allotment and application for key possession to mhada. The matter was delayed by mhada before covid lockdown came in. Now my father have passed away. Mother is no more. We 3 children want to be joint owners of the mhada property. Is it possible with an affidavit? LHC is a lengthy process and takes 6 months.

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 August 2021

First, contact a local advocate and reduce the understanding for joint shares in the form of a family settlement deed.  Try to get indexed with Registrar office or at least notarize the deed.  Submit the deed to MHADA for further process.

v y   22 August 2021

Thanks.

In which registrar office in Mumbai should I get it registered ?

Property is located in Kamathipura (which is E ward).

P. Venu (Advocate)     22 August 2021

Now that the father is no more, whatever rights he had acquired, has devolved upon the legal heirs. Inform the MHADA of the development with necessary and supporting documents. If LHC is not immediately available, you may provide a duly executed affidavit.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 August 2021

Local terminologies have been used which make us difficult to understand, opine and oblige.Consult a local prudent lawyer

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register