LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dronavalli satishkumar   16 September 2017

legal heir

my grandmother died four years back and now my grandfather died one month back.my mother and her brother didn't take legal heir certificate for my grandmother .now they want to take legal heir certificate .can they take a legal heir certificate of both my grandmother and grandfather at the same time with a single application even though my grandmother died earlier

Learning

22 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     16 September 2017

Yes, they can obtain the certificate.

So a common legal heir application with an affidavit of the daughters and son can be applied

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 September 2017

Apparently wrong:

It is felt that application for legal heir can be submitted for both at the same time.

The certificate is usually issued by O/o Tehsildar.

Check with them in local office and post back if they agree to accept a common application.

Does a legal heir certificate be used to transfer immovable assets or is a succession certificate needed for each immovable asset

It is believed that all involved are HIndu.

There is NO dispute amongst legal heirs.

Confirm! 

Ya hindu no dispute among heirs

Check at website and/or in O/o Authrotiy under whose jurisdiction property falls say;MC for simple matters of inheritance; Intestate Succession..................

Usually death certificate and legal heir certificate(s) is required.

Has the authority asked to submit Succession Certificate? If yes, why? Is it due to say; some delay and per local rules pertaining to delay?

No they didn't ask for succession certificate So if the legal heir want to transfer the asset to one person in the legal should he do a deed of partition .for example three sons r their as legal heirs if they want to transfer to one one should they do a the deed of partition that single person after getting 1 by 3rd of asset on each ones name or can they do the deed of partition immediately after obtaining a legal certificate

The authority shall transfer share by inheritance per succession laws.....................without bundaries.

Obtain updated mutation records, showing ownership by inheritance.

The legal heirs can go for partion amicably mentionning boundaries and can register it.

If grandfather has given a gift of immovable property to his grandson and grandson has for it registered when he is alive can the daughter and son of my grandfather claim legal heir to that property because they r legal heirs

So according to my understanding until now take a legal heir certificate,Then the authority will transfer equal share to the legal ehris if their is no dispute then get the mutation done and change to the legal heir name and then register amicably those three shares and then do a partion agreement to the person whom u want to transfer

finally the doubt is if my grandfather bad grandmother has died at different years can we take a common legal heir certificate or will we have to apply legal heir for my grandmother separately and grandfather separate

The owner (Hindu) of property can dispsoe his self acquired/earned estate/property in his/her lifetime by a valid/registered deed in favor of anyone....................including a stranger.

GO grandfather can dispose in favor of grandson.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register