LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Penthome15 (BM)     13 September 2013

Mobile bill

Can i be legally prosecuted for not paying my outstanding post paid bill Rs.1700 of Airtel?

I have recently recieved a notice from some Advocate for Idea Cellular for the non payment of 1700 rupees...

I am ready to pay my bill which is about Rs. 1700.
but i don't want to pay the additional charges and I dont want any court visit or any notice.

What i need do Next..?

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 September 2013

Don’t get perturbed.

Approach your lawyer with details of the overcharged amounts and your lawyer would send a fitting reply to the notice. Your lawyer can very well represent you.

If you are fearsome (which you should not be) you may discuss with this lawyer or recovery agents or nearest office of the company obtain printout of final bill (less charges as sought by you) make the full and Final payment obtain receipt and NOC/NDC  duly signed and stamped by competent official in o/o of the company (avoid agencies). 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 September 2013

Dear Penthome,

If you admit that you are due of the rs. 1,700/- to Airtel, please communicate to them that you are ready to pay the same immediately on hearing from them and this should be a reply to the lawyer, in this do not forget to add  that you are not inclined to pay the charges mentioned therein stating that they have been quoted at an exorbitant rate, despite this if they still insist you to settle entire amount, send a reply through your lawyer and keep quiet, the case can be settled at a later stage in a lok adalat campaign, your worries in this regards are unnecessary.  Advocate Kalaiselvan, Vellore, Ph: +919443441062

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register