Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit M R (partner)     11 February 2017

Pagdi system flat

Hi, 

I Own a building at a prime location in Mumbai. The flat was purchased by my family on as it is and where it is basis. I currently stay in the same building. 

In the reffered building, there is flat which is occupied by a pagdi tenant who have ben staying there for more then 40-50 years paying a bare nominal rent. The Original tenant (husband) passed away few years back and it is now occupied by his wife who is also very old. 

While the husband was still alive, they purchased a flat few building next to where they hold this padgi propoerty and on conveying my displeasure and requesting to surrender the flat, they transfered the new flat to thier daughter (unmarried) by way of Gift and moved back into this padgi flat.  

The old lady has 3 children, 2 Sons and 1 daughter all of whom are well settled abroad since many years. Atleast 10-15 years I guess. 

My question is when this tenant (old lady) passes away can how can I claim this proporty for my use and is there an law that can support the landloards as well. I also want to know how to get a copy of the agreement signed between the padgi tenant and the original owner of this building as i dont have the agreement copy with me. I have checked with the previous owner and even he does not have the agreement copy with him. 

Reuqest your help and suggestions. 

Thanks

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register