Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bala (Sr Engineer)     04 December 2011

Plot in dispute

Hello,

I recently came to know that my father owned a land 30 years ago and was in road consrtuction. He sold the land by word of mouth and gave the original sale deed to a buyer. After 30 years and battle in court fought by the land owners they were alloted new lands at a different location. Court issued a decree on my fathers name as the registration was not done by that buyer.  Some one from buyer's family took the decree by faking my fathers signature. we came to know this from the actual owner who sold this property to father. Suddenly one day thebuyer came to our house and offered two options:

- Either sign the document or registration forms which frankly my father doesnt remember.

- Offered to resell the land back to my father at the current market price.

But my father rejected both the offers. After that discussion the buyer never contacted us.  It looks like some one from the buyer's side is comitting fraud by using my dads signature. I am worried that they might do the same in any future transactions regarding this plot. My father might have been expecting some sort of good will from them for signing the registration. what i can do  to make sure that the things are straightened out and not allow them to repeat any fraud in future? I told my father to let the plot go but he is not listening to me telling me why should i go to the buyer to give my signature when he is not willing to come. Please provide me with your suggestions and advice. The plot is registered on father's name only.

Regards

Bala

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     05 December 2011

Dear Bala,

If you are willing to let go the property, it is advisable to ignore the same. If not , then you may contest the illegal transaction and seek the setting aside of fraudulent sale deed executed without the knowledge of your father. Any immovable property will have to be compulsarily registered as per sec 17 of registration act. Hence the present day so - called owners are not true owners of the property they possess.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register