Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumarreddy (student)     15 July 2022

Rasta or road issue to go to our land

Hi Sir/Madam,

We used to go to our farm or land through my relatives land which belongs to our ancestors from more than 100 years or many generations. Now they are closed the road and not allowing to go our land and saying its our land and not awill not allow anyone. Due to this around 10 families having  total around 150 acres are facing lot of issues to go to land on daily basis.  Could you pls suggest a how to proceed on this issue.

Thanks,

Kumar

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 July 2022

Contact a local advocate as revenue records/maps disclose such way/road and you can file a case for easement rights.

kumarreddy (student)     16 July 2022

Thank You sir for the reply. As per revenue records road map is not there but we are using this road from more than 100 years.
So I can contact local lawyer and file for easement rights? Or
I can file case only if road map is there in revenue records?
Pls suggest.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 July 2022

If the road was constructed in personal / private land of your relatives which it is "not" public road, it is their discretion to allow or decline to use it, legally they cannot be compelled.

Owners of 150 acres will have to make alternative arrangements. 

kumarreddy (student)     17 July 2022

Thank You Sir, But owners of this 150 acres has only the option to go from my relatives private land and there is no other option. And also using the same way from more than 100 years. These 150 acre owners will not get easement rights on this way? Pls suggest

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 July 2022

If the said road/pathway has been used continuosly for more than 20 years, the facility amounts to a easement rights which could be enforced through a civil court.

kumarreddy (student)     23 July 2022

Thank You sir. Yes we are using from more than 100 yrs. Sure we will go to our Taluka civil court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register