LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddhi   12 July 2024

Recovery of amount paid to a cunning lawyer?

Please help.

Me a Senior Citizen paid 1000/- Consultancy fee & thereafter 49000/- to a Mumbai based cunning lawyer on 10/7/24 after he said will file CP in Bombay High Court in July 24 it self.

Once got payment he is now not responding to WhatsApp messages and the CP is getting delayed. He even doesn't take call.

How can I recover 49000/- from him.

Are advocates covered under CPA? Please guide as I m badly stuck. Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 July 2024

Advocates do not fall under consumer protection act.

You may give a complaint against the advocate with the bar council by attaching the details and documentary evidences for the financial transactions. 

Siddhi   12 July 2024

Thanks sir

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 July 2024

You are welcome sir.......

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 July 2024

If a lawyer is not in contact, you can try the following steps: 1. _Call or email_: Reach out to the lawyer's office via phone or email to check if they received your messages. 2. _Send a formal letter_: Write a formal letter to the lawyer, outlining your concerns and requesting a response. 3. _Check online platforms_: If you used an online platform to connect with the lawyer, check for updates or messages. 4. _Contact the bar association_: Reach out to the local bar association or regulatory body to file a complaint or seek guidance. 5. _Seek a second opinion_: Consider consulting another lawyer for advice on how to proceed. 6. _File a complaint_: If you believe the lawyer is neglecting your case, you can file a complaint with the relevant authorities. Remember to stay calm, professional, and persistent in your attempts to establish contact.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register