Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajendra Shetty   13 August 2021

Response to Notice from Landlord

Hi we have a shop bought under pagdi nearly 40 years ago in Kurla Mumbai, we were paying the montly rent until 2006/07 until the landlord expired, since, then no one from the landlords family had approached us neither has anyone come to collect rent, now we came to know a new land lord has purchased the land and is claiming to be the legal owner, My Dad is a Senior citizen and was running a general store shop, in the place but due to his age and health challenges had appointed a person to manage the shop, who used to pay a fixed amount every month, the new landlord seems to be interested in redevelopment of the property and has started sending notice to all commercial shop owners who have rented out, we have also received a notice on the name of the shop mentioning that My Dad is not to be found on the premises, and the person running the shop is liable to be evicted, since presently our shop is closed due to pandemic and the person running the shop has already left, how shd I respond?

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     13 August 2021

You should not disclose your defence in reply to landlord's notice.Disclose your all defence in reply to eviction petition.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register