Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Thaddeus Fernandes (IT Support Engineer)     06 February 2013

School leaving certificate - name correction

Hi All, 

My father's Birth Date, Name have been wrongly written in his school leaving certificate. 

He was born in goa but did his schooling in gujarat.

Now he is 66 years old. Due to this error his DOB , Name is reflected wrongly in all his documents like Ration card,, Bank Pass Book, Passport & even in Mine 

I need to correct his Name in his passport & subsequently mine but for this i need to correct the root document that is his School Leaving Certificate bcoz on the basis of this all his other documets were prepared. 

I need assistance as to how can we proceed to first correct 

1 HIS SCHOOL LEAVING CERTIFICATE

2. RATION CARD

3. BANK PASS BOOK

4. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (CHURCH) 

regards,

thaddeus

Learning

2 Replies

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     07 February 2013

Your father needs to swear in affidavit his correct name as well as reasons leading to  recording of wrong name in the School leaving certificate issued by the school inGujurat and submit the same as per procedure with the authority who had issued the certificate for effecting necessary correction.Yhereafter, similar procedure has to be adopted for correction of other documents.

After ihe cottection process is over, you can approach the jurisdictional Pass port office for correction of the passport.

shiva (Software Engineer)     09 February 2013

Hi All, 

My Full name is Sangu (surname) and Shiva (first name)

In my 10th class (SSC) certificate it is S.Shiva and in my intermediate certificate it is Sangu.Shiva

Is it will a problem or shall i need to change the name in intermediate certificate as per 10th class.I want to apply passport. 

Please suggest me in future any legal issues will be there with present pattern of names.

Thanks & Regards

=============

Shiva

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register