LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DeepikA.PateL (none)     12 April 2014

Separated

Hi, i got separated from my husband almost 2+yrs ago, and he is planning for judicial separation. what separation proofs he can show or produce that we are separated for 2+yrs which i wanted to and can counter directly? my legal advisor is not clear about it.

need ur expert advice....please..

Learning

10 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     12 April 2014

do you want to live with him or separtion?  consult a lawyer of your area with full particualars

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 April 2014

If you do not want to give him divorce, contest his divorce case or if you really want to quit your married life with him, go for a mutual consent divorce with him to settle all the issues accordingly.

DeepikA.PateL (none)     13 April 2014

i want to live, but  he does not want to..our lawyer is not very clear..

pls suggest what could be his substantial proofs..

DeepikA.PateL (none)     13 April 2014

Thanks Kalaiselvan sir..i'm ready to contest, what cases he can put? what can i expect?

we are looking for a good lawyer and i'm preparing meanwhile..

mahavir singh (ADVOCACY)     13 April 2014

You have right not to give him divorce. Its an argumentable point. Or call09910657998 mahavir singh advocate.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     13 April 2014

The grounds for divorce petition and Judicial seperation are one and same.  If your husband files judicial seperation case, he has to show some ground i.e. cruelty, desersion, cronic decease etc.  If you do not want to leave him do not give him your consent for judicial seperation.  He will not get decree, his purpose will not solve.  If you have any doubts you can contact me 7893011777 or ravinder2345@gmail.com.

The grounds for divorce petition and Judicial seperation are one and same.  If your husband files judicial seperation case, he has to show some ground i.e. cruelty, desersion, cronic decease etc.  If you do not want to leave him do not give him your consent for judicial seperation.  He will not get decree, his purpose will not solve.  If you have any doubts you can contact me 7893011777 or ravinder2345@gmail.com.

DeepikA.PateL (none)     16 April 2014

Thx Ravinder sir..if he files a separation case on any of these grounds, how long would it take to get a decree - 6months, 1yr or more?

I know it would be really tough or impossible for him to prove any of these grounds for separation/ divorce and ofcourse if i don't go for mutual.

DeepikA.PateL (none)     20 April 2014

my husband has his local resident add proof from banks, mobile bills, and voter id of a city A...with these can he justify that we are living separately? I live in city B and i don't have any such proof.

please advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More