LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankush   20 August 2021

Typography error in agreement to sell and cd

I am in process of buying a property and there is some typography error. The current owner bought it from allotee in 2003. The allotee is not available to meet or engage in any peocess. Hence, the typography error is in the last name as "Chakravorty" instead of "Chakraborty". Similar has been carried forward in the Conveyance Deed.DDA said they cannot change it via rectification deed since it's same as in Agreement to sell. So will affidavit and Indemnity bond be sufficient for the purpose or any other way is suggested?

Will there be any issue in future in selling? 

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 August 2021

The pronunciation of "b' and 'v" is similar and it is written differently in different states as 'V' and "B' are pronounced similarly in the state of West Bengal.  Spellings in proper nouns are not material defects. According to my knowledge, absolutely there is no problem with selling the property in the future as the present purchaser name is important as a seller in the future and link document of such previous sale is not material for objection, when possession, enjoyment, and DDA records disclose the present purchaser name only (and not Mr.Chakrabarti name, the first seller)

Ankush   20 August 2021

Thank you for the clarification sir. Also, in the stamp paper issued by the agent who got this work done name mentioned is "Kapati Chakravarty" and likewise on the Sub registrar page where fingerprints and photos are taken. So this is also a difference. 

Will you suggest going ahead with the new sale deed on the owner actual name as per the records and take an affidavit as supported document?  I hope this is my last query. Sorry for bothering you.

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 August 2021

Yes, the errors are only because of writing a vernacular proper noun in English and hence is of no legal consequence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register