LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh Kumar   09 July 2024

Bc reservation rule

My wife from Haryana state studied at her native place upto 10th class. After marriage on dated 04-02-2005 she is with me in my native i.e. in Punjab state. She also completed her study 10+2 to MA in Punjab. She selected in Primary teacher in Punjab. But recruitment department of Punjab Govt is denied to give reservation in BC class. While she belongs to same caste (BC) and married in same caste (BC). Is there any legal rule for same. Please help.

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 July 2024

If she belongs to BC community of Punjab state also then the government's action to deny her the opportunity can be challenged in the high court by filing a writ petition.

You may consult an advocate in the local and proceed as suggested 

1 Like

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     09 July 2024

The State Governments make the reservation rules according to their state. Some castes are BCs and the state of Punjab state also has the same caste community it will provide. If your caste is in Punjab and not allowed, you can seek redress from a court of law.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     10 July 2024

It is a State subject.

However, government cannot deny benefit of reservation on the basis of marriage of a person. Challange it.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     10 July 2024

Here are some key facts regarding BC category reservations in Punjab. 

1. The punjab govt. increased the BC category reservation from 5% to 10% for admissions in educational institutions and professional programs. 
  2. Jats and Jat sikhs are considered BCs in PUnjab. 
  3. the Punjab govt. gives 25% of public employment positions to S.C. category  and 12% TO OBCs, totalling 37% reservation. 
  4. the NCBC has proposed increasing the OBC quota by 13% bringing the total OBC reservation in public employment to 25%

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register