Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharanidharan B   08 September 2024

Building plan approval in chennai

I bought 30 cent agriculture land 20 years back. I am not going to put any layout and I have not got any conversion from agriculture to residential land use conversion. However, now the latest Chennai Master Plan shows this land survey number as primary residential land use area

Can I apply for building plan approval and get my house constructed in this land? or is any other approval required?

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 September 2024

Whether you are eligible to construct a house on the vcacant site (agricultural land) will depend on the approval by the competent authority.

You may first prepare a construction plan and apply for approval, if you are directed to get it converted then you can look for legal options based on some information you have about your land.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     09 September 2024

Obtain usage change certificate and approval of site plan for construction of residential house from concerned municipality.

Bharanidharan B   09 September 2024

My land registration document mentions this land as agriculture land 20 years ago. But Chennai Master Plan clearly mentions my land survey number as Primary Residential Use in Planning area.

Hence, I don't need to get any specific land use conversion to residential? Is my understanding correct?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register