LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous (sss)     03 April 2024

Dv case when i left india

I am writing to seek clarification regarding the status of my visa in light of a recent legal matter that has arisen in India.

As you may recall, I have been residing outside of India for the past year due to personal and professional commitments. Regrettably, shortly after my departure, a false domestic violence case was filed against me by my wife. Despite previously reaching a compromise and having the FIR cancelled, my wife has chosen to reinstate the case, implicating not only me but also my parents.

This unexpected development has prompted me to consider returning to India, albeit with apprehension regarding any potential implications on my visa status. I am concerned about whether the pending legal case may have adverse effects on my ability to enter or remain in the country.

Could you please provide guidance on whether my visa status might be affected by the ongoing legal proceedings? Additionally, I would appreciate any advice or steps I should take to mitigate any potential issues arising from this situation.

Learning

4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     03 April 2024

a repeated query.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 April 2024

If it is just a DV case, then you can skip the participation and remain silent about it because it will not in any manner affect your visa or returning to your country.

But if it is a criminal case then you may have to be cautious about it to not to part take in the case neither obtain a AB, just silently go back to the country of your work after your work is completed here in India. 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     04 April 2024

Consult your lawyer who is well aware about facts and circumstances of the case, however a DV case filed against you has no implication qua visa.

Since you have stated to have already left India, what is need for visa ???

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     04 April 2024

If you can avoid to return to India that will be bettter, till you are outside the country you are safe. Just settle the issue amicably

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register