Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kamaraj (Er)     06 May 2016

Electricity Board penalty for wrong reason

Dear Sir,

My sister bought a house in DLF(builder) Chennai. While handing over they provided EB card and I started paying for the service number 1096. Yesterday TNEB squad came to our house and penalized Rs70000 saying that the service number which I am paying is not correct. The mistake is the builder gave the wrong service number which belongs to other house which I have also not verified. I have genuinely paid TNEB bill for wrong service number. I don't know how to proceed. Is it possible to recover or cancel my penalty since I have paid for some other service number. If we have to file a case on whom we have to file. What are all the document we have to collect from TNEB before that.

Thanks in Advance

Kamaraj Nadesan

Learning

1 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     15 May 2016

If you have possession letter along with EB details, builder should be the culprit, consumer forum will the best place to go for damages and in the mean time try to escalate the same to EB authorities and get the right meter ASAP, and try to recover the same from the concerned person, to whom earlier meter belongs as he/she is liable to pay morally and legally.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register