Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin   13 July 2024

Fir before joining of government job. and didn't mention about it in attestation form.

Namaste to all.

I have recently joined central govt job in department of posts as postal assistant.

Previously I have worked in UP police as a constable for 2+ years.

A false FIR had been lodged against me in a family land division matter in 2016 and I was not present at that moment I was in Delhi as I was studying in DU but they gave my name in FIR. Then after our lawyer told my family that my name has been removed from the case and settled between both parties. As we were not well versed by proceedings of the court and are still not. So we thought that case was over then. 

Recently in March 2024 policemen came with warrant then after we got to know that case is still going on and I was absconding one in the court. And had to take bail in 2-3 days. On asking to lawyer he didn't gave us satisfactory reply. 

Coming to the point now I have filled my attestation form given by current employer in October 2023 before joining current govt job and didn't mention about my case as I was not aware of my case is still pending. 

And police verification is going on by the department.

Now I'm in dilemma because if police reports adverse report to the department then I concealed the facts in the view of department. I think I am screwed. 

Please guide me how can I save my job.

Your insights would be incredibly helpful to me.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 July 2024

If an FIR (First Information Report) is not mentioned in the joining process for a government job, it may not necessarily be a cause for concern. However, it's essential to consider the following: 1. *Check the job application form*: Review the application form to see if there was a question about criminal cases or FIRs. If you answered truthfully, you may not need to disclose it again. 2. *Verify the government's rules*: Check the government's rules and regulations regarding disclosure of criminal cases or FIRs for employment purposes. 3. *Consult an advocate*: If you're unsure, consult an advocate specializing in employment law to guide you on the best course of action. 4. *Disclose voluntarily*: If you're concerned, consider disclosing the FIR voluntarily to the government department, explaining the circumstances and the current status of the case. 5. *Be prepared for consequences*: Be aware that non-disclosure of a pending FIR might lead to consequences, including termination of employment or legal action, if discovered later. Remember, honesty is always the best policy, especially when it comes to government jobs. If in doubt, it's better to err on the side of caution and seek professional advice.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 July 2024

Suppression of information material for employment will be considered as a serious lapse on your side.

Hence if you are served with a show cause notice, you may better admit and apologize for your innocence of the subject.

At least henceforth you may be very careful on such sensitive issues.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register