Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SuperNuvos (Own)     25 February 2013

Harassment by wife: unable to put the house on rent

Hello,

It has been more than 3 years that I am going through marital discord. I have been at the receiving end of harassment by my wife against my parents and myself. We are in the process of filing divorce petition soon. One of the things that is hurting me financially is that she is not allowing me to put the flat (2BHK house in Mumbai), that is in the joint name of my wife and mine, to be put on rent. She refuses to sign on the rent agreement. It has been more than 15 months that my house is lying vacant. I had purchased the house in 2007 and had included my wife’s name for tax saving purpose. Since the time I have bought the house, I have been single handedly paying all the EMIs. The contribution from her side has been NIL.

I need advice on the following points:

1.       How can I force my wife to sign on the rent agreement? Can I get some help from the court or any legal route?

2.       What will help if I stop paying the EMI? I have taken the loan from Tata capital. I know that the bank will auction my house. What about my credit rating? Will it create problem in securing any other loan in future?

Learning

2 Replies

shriks........... (healyhcare)     26 February 2013

if wife not agreeing u cannot put it on rent....
boy, if marital discord crumpling, go for bank letting it auction else ur lovely lady would do for injunction orders under domestic violence and other cases
u wud be a mere spectator watching her enjoy fruits of ur sweat.....and slogging...

SuperNuvos (Own)     27 February 2013

Suppose the bank auctions the flat and returns the money to me only (since the home loan is in my name) after deductions.Now, if I do not share the money with my wife. What are the criminal charges that she can levy on me? Is there a possibility for me to take anticipatory bail for that and fight the case in court?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register