LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nlr (na)     11 August 2024

Huf property and will of karta

My father acquired an immovable property in the name of his huf ie. XYZ Huf.

His family consists of wife and two daughters.

He made a registered will bequeathing the said huf property to younger daughter.

Later, the wife too passed away 

I now understand that huf property cannot be bequeathed entirely in this manner.

As two surviving daughters, what are our respective shares in the property as of today?

My mother made no mention of this property in her will. Both my sister and I are married. There is no partition or release that took place regarding the huf property.

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     11 August 2024

Yes in a HUF the Karta can take such decisions as the property is his property.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 August 2024

The karta can bequeath his share alone by a Will to the person of his choice and not the entire HUF property.

The other members of the HUF are the coparceners and they are entitled to a share in that HUF property equally at par with other coparceners.

You can claim your legitimate share in the HUF property as per Hindu law of succession.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     12 August 2024

Kara ( manger ) of HUF can sell the HUF property  for the welfare of  HUF but can't bequeath  the HUF Property to his choice.All the members of HUF have equal share and rights over HUF property  you are entitle to get your share file partition  suit for HUF proprty.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register