Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

francis (support)     04 October 2010

interim maintenance job

Dear Guru’s,

My wife had filed the interim maintenance under section 36 & 41 of divorce R/W 151 CPC .

By investigation regarding my wife's employment I  came to know at present that she had resigned the job 15 days back . Its difficult for me to get her employment details.

further more when I first filed the divorce OP in mysore  (native of my wife+marriage performend). she had requested for transfer of this case from mysore  to Bangalore stating that she is employed in Bangalore.

The High court judge has written in this transfer judgment as follows  :Heard  learned counsel for the petitioner and  learned counsel for the respondent .—The respondent is employed in Bangalore ,and also the petitioner is employed in Bangalore .What ever may be the circumstances under which the OP was filed at Mysore .There is no point in continuing the same at that place when both the parties are residing at Bangalore.

My query is === it’s difficult for me to get her employment details. So the above judgment given by the High court judge clearly points that she is employed at Bangalore will this major point fetches me in my argument for (interim maintenance ) that my wife is employed at Bangalore.

Kindly suggest.

Learning

1 Replies

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     04 October 2010

Word added 

PALIMONY

"It may be true that under Section 125 Cr PC she may not be entitled to maintenance but you had spent time with her for 14 years. There was a ruling by a Californian court in the Marwin Vs Marwin case where the court ordered that 'palimony" should be paid even if the woman is not legally married," the Bench said. 

Read more: Should a concubine get maintenance? SC to examine the question - The Times of India https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Should-a-concubine-get-maintenance-SC-to-examine-the-question/articleshow/6685247.cms#ixzz11PFlXAS2

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register