LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Interim Manit. to errant wife and Biryani...!!!!

Title: Interim Maint. and Biryani !!!

Day 1 -- Sunday
A beggar comes to the door of a Man and asks for some food since he is hungry . Since it is Sunday and the man has some Biriyani left from his lunch , the man out of benevolence gives him a packet of Biriyani. Beggar eats the biriyani and goes home happy.

Day 2 --Monday
The same beggar comes to the door the man and asks for food once again since he is hungry . The man checks his fridge and sees that he has some left over chicken curry and some Biriyani from Sunday. The man out of benevolence once again packs the two leftovers and gives it to the beggar who is now happy.

Day 3 --to Day 5
The beggar appears at the same time and the man gives either , fish , egg or chicken leftovers to the beggar. The beggar makes it a point to come to the man each day from here on.

Day 6
The beggar comes at the same time asking for food . The Man says that he has no biriyani or any non veg food left in his house , however he has curd rice or Daal roti and he will pack that for the beggar.The beggar gets very angry and annoyed and does the accept that food . The beggar instead goes to court and files a case against the man .

Court Scene 1
Beggar to Judge :- You honor , this man has fed me biriyani and non veg food for 5 days straight and now he is saying that he does not have any non veg food at home. I am sure he has non veg food at home but he is not giving it on purpose. Since he lives in the standard to afford biriyani every day and I have also now got used to that standard , it is his duty to maintain me at the same level.

Judge to Benevolent Man
See Mr Benovelant man , you have fed non veg food to this beggar for 5 straight days and it is because of you that the beggar has got used to non veg food. So now it is your duty to continue feeding him non veg food for the rest of his life , since he will not be able to survive happily without nonveg food. Whatever you have done out of benevolence has now become the beggar's right !! Although he is a beggar , but because you have fed him non veg food for 5 days and raised his lifestyle , you will have to continue maintaining that lifestyle however you can or you will have to go to jail . You can beg borrow or steal , I do not care , you will have to feed the beggar non-veg every day . CASE DISMISSED !!

I cannot emphasize this more !
A. Kindly discuss.
B. Comments from "aam adami" welcome on above observation.

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

in the constitution an article on beggars rights can be added. Delhi govt. wants to eradicate beggars, intead they shud be protected as protected species and their culture shud to preserved for the cause of beggars rights.

1 Like

(Guest)

Many a Ld. Advocates in LCI forum says I don't know Law so for a change this is how a aam adami interprets Mr. Justice S.N. Dhingra, DHC judgment reported in forum post

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Unemployed-man-can-t-be-forced-to-pay-maintenance-to-wife-23342.asp

Absolutely
!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register