LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bala Chandar   08 June 2020

Land registration

Land is in the name of my grandfather and he has two daughters and one son(my dad), currently land patta is in my dad's name. Is there any way that my dad can transfer the patta under my name and get it registered without involving his 2 sisters ?? Because 2 sisters are demanding equal share from the land, please advice....

Learning

5 Replies

Sinjari Bandyopadhyaya(Banerje (Lawyer 9830019661 Kolkata WB)     08 June 2020

If the land is still in the name of your grandfather,then how the land patta can be in favour of your father? Kindly specify how your father got that land patta because until and unless you clarify the fact properly,it becomes difficult to advice.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 June 2020

If the property belongs to your grandfather, how he acquired, and when he has expired are basic facts.

If your GF has acquired it as self-acquired property-Your father is just a co-sharer with his sisters unless he has executed a will in favour of your father alone.

If your GF has acquired ancestral and if he has expired after 2005 then your father's sisters are having equal rights.

Denying legal rights and giving acquired property to his son alone without giving to co-sharers who are legally entitled amounts to fraud.

Contact a local advocate and settle the issue at the earliest, and if your paternal aunts' are eligible for a share, your father can not deny their share.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     09 June 2020

If the property belongs to your grndfather then your aunts are the shareholders 

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 June 2020

The property belonged to the grandfather and on his death, property is jointly vested with all the legal heirs viz. the children and their mother(if alive). Your father can convey his share in the joint property to anyone, at his discretion, during his lifetime. 

It is of no consequence that patta is in yours father's name. Such ministerial acts, right or wrong, cannot divest divest other joint holders of their right, title and interst in the property.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 June 2020

I agree with experts, relvant information are missing from your post. Incomplete information can not lead to form an opinion and oblige.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register