LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pk Mallick   30 June 2021

land registration

My name is Naqeeb Jawed,we have a piece of land in patna ,bihar around 10 kattha bought in b/w 1992-1999.It having registration of west Bengal because at that registration of lands were used to be done there but later bihar govt. ended that and said to transfer the documents details as per Bihar but till then we haven't done mutation of land as from Bihar but land receipt such as land tax receipt we are collecting every year.

I am not getting information of our land any where and how we can do mutation of that land from bihar patna i dont have any idea.
pls it will be very nice of u experts if you can guide me.

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 June 2021

Who is in possession and enjoyment of the land ?  Mutation can neither get a title nor defeat a right to valid title and confirms only possession.   First get the facts through personal visits through VRO.

Pk Mallick   30 June 2021

Thanks G.L.N Prasad sir for replying.currently that land is vacant no body having any thing upon it.
hmlog aksaf jakr dekh lete hi.kisi ko bhi uska dekh rekh krne k liye nhi diya hai jmlogon ne.
sb document vgairh hmare hi nam pr hai mgr sb bol mutation krwana bhut zrori kyunki ek to wo agricultural land ar doosri bat k yhan bhut fraud ho rha hai zmeen ko lkr ek hi zameen bhut logon ko bech diya j rha hai farzi paper k zrye.so what should i do and and i am not able underatand the term VRO.
please reply i will wait .

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 June 2021

VRO means Village Revenue Officer.  If any one is not able to trace the land as per sale deed, he can make an application to Tehasildar and ask for showing the land as stated in the sale deed.  Tehasildar collects nominal fee, sends surveyor and he will identify boundaries and erects boundary stones.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     30 June 2021

"...we have a piece of land in Patna, Bihar around 10 kattha bought in b/w 1992-1999. It having registration of west Bengal..." 

It appears to be strange that a piece of land near the capital of Bihar Patna was registered as early as 1992-99. If it is a border area with Patna and Bengal, it could be possible due to bureaucratic confusion and/or inclusion/deletion of certain Mandals from one state to other. Reasons for registering land in Patna in Bengal may be elucidated.

I understand that you are not able to locate the land in the records.  You need to seek the assistance of the local Revenue Officials to locate your land in the records. If the registration of Patna Lands in Bengal was there during the 1990s and it was ended by Bihar Government, all records must have been transferred from the respective SRO in Bengal to some Office in Patna or some other place in Bihar, which you have to find out and get the details from them. Once that is achieved, you cant get the mutation done in your favour. You need to make enquiries from the landowners of adjacent plots also who might have face or facing a similar situations and collectively can get the matter easily settled.

You mentioned that you have mentioned in your query:

"land receipt such as land tax receipt we are collecting every year"

In whose name you have been paying the Land Tax? In the name of the previous owner?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 June 2021

After purchase of a plot, it is being recorded in the Tehsil / municipal records on the basis of "Sale Deed".

No question of maintaining records of the land situated in Patna, Bihar and records maintained in West Bengal. Recheck.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 July 2021

You do not have to strain so much now itself about it.

You first submit an application to the Tehsildar/Taluk revenue officer requesting for mutating the proeprty in the name of the current title holder.

Let the department state that they do not hold any records of this property, after which you can approach court with a suit for direction  to direct the Tehsildar to transfer the revenue records to your name based on the documentary evidences you have produced before court in this regard,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More