Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Monisha   28 December 2022

Legal name query

Hello there, 

This is Monisha, I'm a working professional. I need your opinion in a legal name query I have. 

The story: All my documents from education certificates to all my ID proofs I have only one name which is Monisha, no initial or last nameI have no idea why this happened until I received my 10th certificate. 

Now, I'm concerned if this is going to an issue in future and now that I'm married. I want to include my father's name after mine, like First name Last name as Monisha (my dad's name). So, will I have to go through the whole name change process or is there any other way to resolve this?
Because, in one of my IDs I have changed the address to my husbands and there it states Monisha, W/O(Husband name) and some other proofs has Monisha, D/O (Dad's name). 

Now, I want to have my dad's name as my last name. If I provide the proof I have already will I be able to change everything to Monisha (Dad's name). I really need some advice in this please. 

P.S: I did not mention my husband's or dad's name, as I didn't want to use them without their consent. 

Any advice on this is much appreciated. Thank you!

Best, Monisha

Learning

1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     28 December 2022

You shall get a gazette notification.  You have to submit the application in Annexure-IA for gazette notification through the Tahsildar concerned.   Consult in the Tahsildar office.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register