LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav   03 July 2024

Lookout notice cancellation

Hi. I have an FIR in my name under prohibition of dowry harassment 498a. For this, there was an LOC issued and I was caught at the Delhi airport when I was returning from USA. I was handed over to the respective police station and got bail on the same day. Later, I checked with the police station and they are orally confirming that the LOC is cancelled. Now, I have to travel back to abroad and I am not sure how to get a written confirmation that the LOC is really cancelled. Request an expert suggestion on this. Thanks and advance.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 July 2024

Until and unless you don't have an order cancelling the LOC you cannot be sure that the LOC has been removed from the immigration website.

Hence when you approach immigration in the airport you are likely to be detained again in the absence of any physical copy of the order issued by the authority concerned. 

LOC can be withdrawn by the authority that issued and can also be rescinded by the trial court where case is pending or having jurisdiction over concerned police station on an application by the person concerned.

if there is any Court order regarding the removal/cancelation of LOC then your counsel may file an application before the court who passed that order and call status report from the IO, IO is duty-bound to produce a report along with all the documents, and inform the current status of the LOC.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     04 July 2024

It is impossible rather unbelievable statement that LOC was issued in a case under section 498A IPC.

However, you have already engaged an able, competent and intelligent lawyer who is stated to have managed bail order, what is his / her advise, proceed accordingly. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register