LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hussain shaikh (EXECUTIVE)     14 December 2011

Name transfer in the pagdi system

Dear Sir, I have taken i house in Nalasopara in a pagdi system building @ 2,00,000/- 04 year back & for transfer of name in the rent receipt i have paid the landlord the some of Rs.25000/- & he has done it. But now when i want to re-sale my house to someone else the landlord is asking for a huge amount for transfer the name. So kindly advise what is legal percentage for transfering the name in the pagdi system. Or else can we get the transfer done through court .If possible what will be the court fees & charges we have to bear for name tranfer in the pagdi system.

Rgds

Shaikh

=========================

Learning

5 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     14 December 2011

Consent of landlord is necessary.

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     14 December 2011

Pagdi system is illegal in law.

what should be percentage of transfer in the name.

There are almost 50% old building in mumbai are based on pagdi system, so you mean all are illegal

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     14 December 2011

The pagdi system is an arrangement between the tenant and the owner. You cannot approach the courts to settle the issue, when the actual owner demands money from you when a buyer wants to buy the property. Many a tenant suffer because of , this lack of legal knowledge.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register