Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srishti   01 August 2024

Obc ncl (both central& state)& income certificate query

My father & mother both now are retired pensioners(both have worked as assistant teacher in govt schools).Both of their pension amount combined doesn't exceed 8lakhs.We belong to obc caste as per state as well as central lists. Had applied for income certificates months ago still not received yet. The govt portal doesn't even work properly and made us wait for months. I neither have state ncl nor central. What should I do in such cases? I needed the certificates for college applications urgently. Who do i consult for help? 

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 August 2024

You approach the issuing authority in person and request for providing the certificate expeditiously.

If your request is not acceded to, you may approach the district collector with a complaint in this regard and get your problem solved.

If this is also not fetching you the relief, you may approach high court with a writ petition against the district collector and the Tahsildar concerned seeking direction to furnish the certificate immedaitely 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     01 August 2024

Yes.  You shall submit the complaint to the District Collector of your district on the grievance day which will conduct once a week.

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 August 2024

To my understanding, given the status of the posts in which your parents were employed, income criterion is not applicable.

Saloni Pande   14 August 2024

Given your parents’ combined pension amount is below ₹8 lakhs, you should be eligible for the OBC Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) certificate. Here are some steps you can follow to obtain the certificate via the website as it maybe the troubleshooting :

Refresh your browser by hitting CTRL + F5 at the same time.
 Switch off your modem and after restarting your computer turn it on again. Clear internet cookies and browser cache.
Your firewall may have blocked gov.in. Temporarily disable your anti-virus or firewall running in background. Now, if you are able to access gov.in, be informed your security software is causing trouble. Try adding gov.in into trusted sites' set.

If problem still persists, it could be DNS fault. DNS is a service that translates gov.in into computer-readable address called IP address. In most cases this job is done by your ISP. If only specific sites aren't opening chances are, it got corrupt

If the issue still persist then you may go through the following application :

1. Application Process:

Central OBC-NCL Certificate: Apply through the National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC) portal or visit the local Tehsildar office.

State OBC-NCL Certificate: Apply through your state’s backward classes welfare department or the local Tehsildar office.

1. Required Documents:

Proof of OBC status (caste certificate).

Income certificate showing the combined pension amount

Proof of parents’ employment and retirement (service certificates).

Pension slips or bank statements showing pension deposits.

Identity proof (Aadhaar card, voter ID, etc.).

Address proof (ration card, utility bills, etc.).

1. Follow-Up:

Visit the office where you submitted your application to check the status.

Contact the helpline numbers or customer support associated with the portal if there are delays.

If yet the delay persisit escalate the issue by writing to the Disctrict Collector

1. Additional Tips:

Obtain a letter from the pension department stating your parents’ pension amount and your relationship with them.

Accumalate other documents like pension slip, bank statement etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register