Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikas Agarwal   05 August 2021

Query

Hi.
I bought a property in 2011 and it was registered under 3 names.
1. Myself
2. My wife
3. My father

my father expired last year.
Question - how can I remove his name from Title deed.

Learning

1 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   06 August 2021

As per your query, let me tell you that "Yes" changes can be made in the Title Deed. Now in accordance to the situation that you're dealing with currently you can on the basis of death certificate of your father apply for mutation of property in your name.

Some details are required to be submitted along with the application, a list of which have been provided below for your reference, do have a look:-

⭕Area in which the right has been acquired

⭕ Descripttion of the right acquired

⭕ Name, parent's name, and address of the person from whom the right has been acquired

⭕ Manner in which the right has been acquired

⭕ Name, parent's name, and address of the person who has acquired the right

⭕ Date on which the right was acquired

⭕ Copy of document on the basis of which the mutation is sought - sale deed, Will etc

A proclamation is issued inviting objections to the proposed mutation and specifying the date, not less than 15 days from the date of the proclamation, up to which any objection to the mutation will be entertained. The Patwari submits his report in the prescribed format. The statements of the parties are recorded. The contents of the documents are matched with the recorded statements.

Finally, in case there are no objections against the proposed mutation received, it is sanctioned and requisite changes are made.

Hope It Helps!

Regards
Kevin M. Paul

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register