LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sagar (student)     11 November 2012

Query

sir there is a client who had purchased a vehicle in the name of firm, but unfortunately there was an accident in which the driver along with 3 other member of the family lost their lives and the car was also fully crushed (total loss), but after the accident the client couldnt found the driving licence of the driver as at that time client was not in the position to procure anything from the dead body due to huge loss to family.

now the insurance company is saying that we will not pay the insurance amount to the company as driver was not having the driving licence. so kindly suggest me that what should i suggest to my client.?? and where should i file a case. either in consumer forum or a recovery suit??

and whether a consumer forum is a right option for this as sec. 2 d debars a compay i think??

Learning

2 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     13 November 2012

There is no option you have to search for the driving licence. Even if the original is not found get the driving licence number also  and give it to the insurance company. Before that also ensue that the driving license is valid on the day of the accident.

sagar (student)     13 November 2012

and if the licence of driver is untraceable then what should i do?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register