LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashok (software eng)     19 November 2014

Regarding consumer complaint against tnt

I have recently raised a consumer complaint against TNT couriers as they had delayed an international parcel.

Its now more than 30days and its status shows as "Held In customs". TNT had asked around Rs 5500 as broker charges for a parcel being (Around 6000 + 3500courier charge).

According to the Public Notice of Customs, its the authorized courier who has to communicate the queries raised by customs and delegate to the consignee. In addition to this TNT has to forward the KYC(know your customer form) to the customs help customs know the details of the parcel and the consignee. I have as well sent all the required forms to TNT.

TNT couriers has not done any of these except asking the money.

I need to know the following details

1. After the acceptance hearing I was given another date on December.

( Does this mean the TNT courier would have received a notice from court to reply ?)

2. Would court send a copy of reply by TNT to me?

3. What will happen in next hearing?

4. What more evidence should I collect regarding this?

Learning

1 Replies

Adv. Mandar Pimpalkhare (Advocate)     21 November 2014

Mr. Ashok Firstly let me know acceptance hearing mean you want to hearing for admission of matter before forum. and please tell me whether date in December is first date given by the court after admission of your matter.

For you information below is the procedure of consumer complaint :- 

• After admission of the matter its fixed for service of notice to opponent/s.
  • On service of notice opponent/s have file their say/reply.
  • On receipt of copy of reply filed in forum you may file rejoinder application.
  • Filing of Documents for both the parties on which they believe.
  • Arguments by parties or their respective advocates
  • Judgement

If the next date is first date it would be for the status of service of notice to TNT.  If not served you have to pray for issue of fresh notice to TNT.  You have to be present  personally or through advocate before court on each date, on filing reply by TNT  you have to receive copy  from court record.  Try to get as much evidence you can collect to strengthen your complaint. 

Mandar Pimpalkhare

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register