Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Danachandre (House wife)     12 November 2013

Rental agreement

Hi ,

I have a peculier problem with my tenants, I own 2BHK flat..Earlier tenants notified me 1 week(20th of Sep) prior that they will vacate the flat by 30 of sep which is not 1 month notification.But since they had personal problem we agreed saying that till Oct 20th (you have to give the rent since the notification came in early).We posted add and new tenant agreed to move in and thy insisted that they wanted the  house to be vacated by 31st of Oct to which earlier tenants agreed and vacated.We thought the new tenant will be moving in from Oct 1st and the rent will be given for Oct month.Once the house got vacated ..new tenants delayed in moving into the house and finally came on 14th Oct. After staying in for 2 weeks they started complaining about the house and were looking for a new house.We were out of station for 2 weeks ..in that period they vacated the house by informing over the phone.They agreed for the terms and contract but had not signed the rental agreement. They vacated on 30th of Oct.so we said as you didnt give prior 1 month notice..You have to pay for Oct and Nov month rent and deposit will be given on 30th of nov. But the tenant is not agreeing for that.

So please advise that the things we are demanding(2 months rent Oct and Nov) and deposit to be refunded back on Nov 30 th is legal or not.

Please advise what is the right thing to be done??

Learning

1 Replies

BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Advocate)     12 November 2013

Settle the issue amicably.As there is no written agreement in between both of you. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register