LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yatindra (Lawyer)     21 March 2011

Residence Cum Consultancy

i'm having  a house in Noida & basement is use as real estate Consultancy and rest is used as residence. wether the basement is comes under commercial or not if "yes" why and if "no" then can any one tell under which act of the section it comes under or has been defined

thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     29 March 2011

1.  IF the Basement is attached to an individuals property (flat, bungalow, row-house or whatever) and the access to the basement is ONLY by an indvidual owner and not by other members of the Society etc....,  THEN, the basement is considered part of the individual property and can be used by the owner for semi-commercial activities (like approved consultants, CA's, Advocates, Doctors, Tution etc...), without attracting commercial property taxes, commercial electricity rates, commercial water rates.

2.  In the event, IF the whole of the unit (basement + house) is solely used for commercial activities, then appropriate permissions have to be obtained from respective competent authorities, civic authorities, society authorities etc.... and will attract commercial property taxes, commercial electricity rates, commercial water rates.

3.  The definations of Commercial vs Residence permissions is an issue covered by local area civic acts and rules, like Development Control rules for apartments, PWD, Sewage dept, and other authorities.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Yatindra (Lawyer)     16 April 2011

Dear Hemant

first of all thanks for the info

i like to tell u that i am using the building as single owner it on the the 30 foot road coner plot but according to master plan it come under residential and i an paying commercial electric bill for the same as i am useing on the basement which the less than 20 of the build up area

sir can u give me any citation or provision regarding to it.

how can save myself if authority check my place for it

thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register