LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sameer Raote   10 August 2021

Return of house property to builder

i purchased a flat in Andheri west in 2019 from Vardhman builders , which was under construction.

The flat is in a complex which has gone for redevelopment. There are 4 wings A, B,C and D. My flat is in Wing C

when i purchased the flat, the RERA date was Dec-2020, which got extended till Jun-2021 due to Covid..The builder approached me in Nov -2020 for approval on a form for extension till Jun-2022 for entire project..However, he promised to give me possession of my flat in Sept 2021 and even issued me a letter for it , against which he took approval from me for Jun-22 extension for entire project.

now work is stopped since last 7 months and i will not be getting possession even in Sept-2021.I have paid builder about 55% of the amount as progress payment when i bought the flat , now i am paying interest on it to the bank for last two years.
i want to know whether if i want to return the flat now to builder, can i get my total money back including Interest paid to bank for last 2 years plus registration and stamp duty amount

Learning

2 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     10 August 2021

Hello,

You have to take legal action against the builder. Builder will not easily give you an amount as per demand. Moreover, the builder will fraudulently compel you to compromise as per his terms. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     10 August 2021

You can give complaint to R.E.R.A. The main aim of RERA is to provide relief to the buyers from the malpractices of unfair builders. RERA specifies certain norms for building and development of real estate which will enhance the transparency in transactions in the real estate sector.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register