Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nilanchal   26 September 2024

Tenant landlord query

Hello,

I am new to this forum, had a question regarding a property that has been given on rent by me to a tenant.

So, the tenant living in my home has got into legal proceedings due to their internal family land dispute, my tenant's sister has filed an FIR against my tenant name.

In the past, I had given NOC to my tenant and with the use of it, she has imprint my property's address into her aadhar,pan,voter id 

FYI- I have proper rent agreement with me.

My question is that, will it create a problem for me in future ? And how shall I tackle it ?

Any input from experts would really help me a lot!!

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 September 2024

The litigation is reportedly between your tenant and his siblings.

Your property has nothing to do with it 

If you apprehend any legal problem you may instruct your tenant to vacate.

Nilanchal   26 September 2024

Thanks for the reply!

And my tenant has taken loans too, I highly doubt she'll default but talking about safer side that if she defaults then as her kyc wud include my address will there be any problem ?

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     27 September 2024

How and why sister of your tenant has used address of your property where she has no right to use it for her personal documents, obtaining loan ?

You have concealed some material information in your post, if the facts posted are true.

Nilanchal   27 September 2024

Nope not the sister of the tenant it is the tenant herself who have taken NOC from us so as to admit her child in colleges.

Now proceeding further, by using that agreement, she has changed her aadhar, voter id address to my property's address.

And as we all know, digital loan are processed using kyc so banks would have fetched address and ultimately the address would be mine.

Now, if she defaults then bank offical might knock the residence address to recover, so kind of worried on that part.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register