Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VASUPRIYA   19 April 2017

Time barred dues - credit card

Deal All,

I have a question about what is time barred due settlement in case of credit card due, i lastly used ICICI Bank Credit in the year 2009, after that i have become bedridden for 2 years and not paid any amount to the card. Now after nearly passing 7 years, now bank people are calling me and asking me to settle the amount around Rs.2.70 lacs ( as per bankers cliam) in single payment.

And there are abusing me in phone calls and threating me to pay the dues with one month, if not there telling me to they will come in group of people to home for recovery.

At this stage, i want to know how to face them in legally, I want to know what you mean by time barred dues, since its a nearly 7 years crossed. Now iam not in a position to pay any dues for them. I want nearly 12 months to repay the dues in monthly instalments. But for this they are not agreeing.

Kindly advice me if iam not agreeing for the same, what step they can take against me, i want to settle this due through court..

Your immediate reply on this will help us to over come from this.

Regards

Vasupriya 

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 April 2017

Repeated Query.

VASUPRIYA   19 April 2017

Sir,

I dnt get any advices from the link provided from you, so thats way iam posting again, if posible I need some good advocate in bangalore to handle this issue.

You have posted that:

“there telling me to they will come in group of people to home for recovery.

…………………..I want nearly 12 months to repay the dues in monthly instalments. But for this they are not agreeing.………………………………… I need some good advocate in bangalore to handle this issue.”

The threads provide exactly whom to approach (with contact details), how to approach, rules/citations/judgments etc etc ………………………..

In the threads the queries have been responded by many LCI experts, with precise comments.

The issue posated by you is that you are unable to handle on your own, the recovery agents, and their abuse,rowdiness etc .

The calls that are made to you or made by you on phone lines may be recorded lines (not necessarily all).

Neverthless since you have decided to approach a very able counsel at Bangalore if you want to search in LCI databank you may check at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/lawyers_search/

You may also visit in person DRT/DCDRF/State Consumer Commission, at Bangalore and find out about expert counsels handling such matters and choose a counsel of unshakable repute and integrity and expertise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register