Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bejoy (CC)     16 May 2011

Very Urgent

Dear Lawyers,

I had resigned my company b'cos of  no work etc ,  My resignation is accepted on 11th April2011, I have the mail with me regarding acceptance of my resignation. But after a gap of 2 weeks they are asking me 3 months notice period.

What should I do ?

Please help.

Thanks,

Bejoy

Learning

5 Replies

Bejoy (CC)     16 May 2011

Actually the mail reads like this

Hello Bejoy,

The intent of this mail is to inform you that your resignation has been accepted. 

HR will initiate the process of officially relieving you. You are hereby requested to submit hard-copy of the resignation letter to Miss. XXXXXX who will in turn take it through to issue the relieving & experience letter.

Wishing you good luck in your subsequent endeavors.

Thanks and regards,
VVVVVV

But after a gap of two weeks they are asking me to serve three months / pay three months salary.

PLEASE LAWYERS REPLY SOON. I SMELL SOMETHING FISHY !!! 

kavitha gurumurthy (HR professional)     16 May 2011

Hi Bejoy,

I belong to the HR fraternity.

I just wish to tell you these points.

Resignation acception is only to let you know of their consent w.r.t to leaving the job.

Resignation acceptence is not equal to waiving off your notice period (as long as you have specified the relieving request date in your resignation mail).

Notice period is purely based on the terms and conditions of employement which can either be part of your appointment letter or company policy inforce.

FYI.

Thanks,

Kavitha

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     16 May 2011

Kavitha has explained the facts and i concur with her views. A resignation when accepted, takes effect, subject to the inherent conditions of the terms of employment. In case the notice period is to be waived, a request to that effect with reasons should be specifically made, for consideration. Such waiver may be accepted with notice pay or waivig the notice pay which would be discretation of the employer, based on  case to case.

Vasudevan

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     16 May 2011

I agree in toto with all the suggestion tendred by the members.

Regards.

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     16 May 2011

I agree in toto with all the suggestion tendred by the members.

Regards.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register