LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Azimurrrehman Ansari (HR)     23 June 2013

Without date talaq nama

Myself Azim Ansari, born in a Muslim family I was married 14 years back according to Islamic Law. This is second marriage of my wife and she said that I was  divorced 17 years back. After 12 years of my married life I came to know that my wife is not divorced from her first husband and she is also having one child from her previous marriage. I met her first husband and he confessed that I had not divorced her either orally or in writing. But he not ready to confess this int he court and also not ready to help me. When I asked my wife to produce her divorce paper of previous marriage in the family court Ahmedabad, she submitted  Talak-Name which is without date and there is no where mentioned the date of talaq also. In the said talaq-nama it is also mentioned that we had sent notices to her husband but the date is not mentioned anywhere. This talaq-name is notarised in Feb. 2013. Only two witnesses has signed that too without date.

My question is whether this talaq-nama is valid in the court of law which is without date and there is no where mentioned the date of talak. Neither the husband has signed this talak-nama.

I shall appreciate you views on this.

Thanks

Ansari

Mobile No. 9967594946

Learning

1 Replies

Aijaz H ------- (Accounts)     23 June 2013

Consult Family Lawyer

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register