Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SuperNuvos (Own)     10 January 2014

Advice needed on divorce

Hello Experts,

Due to professional commitments, I have recently travelled to S!ngapore and have got my work permit. My wife is still in India. My wife and I are both citizens of India and have been married for more than 8 years now. We got married in India by Hindu rites.  We have a 5 year old son who is with my wife in India.Before travelling to S!ngapore, I was contemplating divorce in India..but had to travel for long term. I am thinking of filing divorce from here. I have the following questions:

1. Can I file a divorce from here? Are there any restrictions?

2. If I get a divorce here, will it be valid in India?

3. Can the divorce from outside India be challenged anytime in India?

Warm regards

Learning

4 Replies

aap (manager)     10 January 2014

1no

2no

3yes

Pooja Hegde R. (Advocate)     10 January 2014

You need to initiate divorce in india and get a decree from a relevant court in India. Lastly, while your passport and visa is important to you, be careful of any criminal charges that your wife or wife's lawyer can initiate to harass you or your family.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     10 January 2014

you can file divorce case in india only if you file abroad then it can be challenged here again

and you can give POA for any of your family members to attend and at the final hearing you should be there

SuperNuvos (Own)     21 January 2014

Apologies for coming late as I have been unwell. Thanks to everyone for valuable piece of advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register