Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Advise required on recovery of maintenance

Page no : 2

(Guest)

Corrrrrrreccct Samaul..........good luch dude dont come back to India give a tight slap on your wife's face

(Guest)

This is in relation with this case.What if my wife comes up with a maintenence case against me and proof of my income too.eg i told her at time of marriage that i am getting 9LPA but in actual it is 6LPA...and she prooves that i lied to her and present that in court will i have to pay according to 6LPA or 9LPA.

Manav Kalia (Arguing my own cases..)     23 March 2012

If you never have any plans to come back to India then just chuck all this. But of you avoid your country just because of your wife then your wife wins and you lose. All the best@author..

Manav Kalia (Arguing my own cases..)     23 March 2012

@ rahul, dude if you are earning an income and your wife is not able to maintain herself, then you are legally and morally liable to pay her compensation to maintain herself. There is no way out for you and there are no things about it.. If your wife has the facts on her side and if she wants to then she can make your life a living hell. So just be careful..

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     23 March 2012

The court has made orders means that court is satisfied you have means to pay. Hence for non-payment you can be jailed.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Manav Kalia (Arguing my own cases..)     24 March 2012

I am only speaking here in generalizations, as in if the court has made orders based on the financial situation on the orders date, but as in the example in my previous post, the financial condition of a party can change after the orders. The judge still has to apply reason, and the sentencing to jail cannot be arbitrary for non payment. In my specific case I cannot be admitted or detained in jail for medico legal reasons. But again I am not talking about my case here, but only in generalizations..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register