Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tharun   11 July 2024

Anadheenam land after having all documents and living for 45 years

Hi,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to seek your expertise regarding a property issue we are facing in Chennai. My father owned this property since 1975, having purchased it from a common owner who converted his acres of land into plots and sold them to everyone in our avenue/street. All our documents reflect the same seller's name, and we have lived in the house for over 45 years.

After my father's unfortunate passing due to COVID-19 in 2021, I undertook some renovations and sought a new three-phase EB connection for the first-floor house. However, I was informed that the house needs to be in my name to obtain the connection. Consequently, I applied for and received the mother document, sealed and signed by the registrar’s office, and we have our property document in my father's name.

Upon consulting a lawyer near the registrar's office, I was advised to obtain a new patta since he couldn’t find any patta in my father's name. Instead, he found a document called chitta. However, when he attempted to obtain an Encumbrance Certificate (EC), it indicated that the land is marked as (தடையசெய்யப்பட்டது)BLOCKED and owned by the tamilnadu government. This was a shock to us, as we have never tried to sell the property, take out a loan, or apply for any building approvals in the past. The documents have always been with our family.

Attempts to retrieve the EC online have been unsuccessful, as I couldn’t find anything under our survey number. When I checked the ECs for neighboring properties, they all mentioned my father's name in their boundary columns. One lawyer mentioned that resolving this issue could cost several lakhs.

We have consistently paid all property taxes, water taxes, and EB charges from 1975 to the present. As the second generation living in this house, I wish to pass it on to my son, the third generation. I am determined to resolve this issue without resorting to bribery. We have all the necessary documents, and there has been no fraud or multiple claims on the land since the original purchase in 1975.

Given these circumstances, I am perplexed as to why our land has been marked as Anadeehanam land. The only discrepancy I noticed is that our survey number differs from our neighbors', as they purchased their land only after 1976.

I would greatly appreciate your expert advice on how to proceed legally to resolve this matter.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards,
Tharun

Incase if there are laweyrs who wants to read in tamil

வணக்கம்,

என் தந்தையார் இந்த சொத்தினை 1975 ஆம் ஆண்டு சென்னை நகரில் வாங்கியவர். அவார் ஒரு பொதுவான உரிமையாளரிடமிருந்து ஏக்கர் கணக்கில் இருந்த நிலத்தை பிளாட் செய்ய வாங்கினார். எங்கள் தெருவில் உள்ள எல்லோரின் ஆவணங்களிலும் ஒரே விற்பனையாளர் பெயர் உள்ளது. இந்த நிலத்தில் நாங்கள் 45 வருடங்களுக்கும் மேலாக வீட்டை கட்டி வசித்து வருகிறோம்.

என் தந்தை COVID-19 காரணமாக 2021 இல் காலமானதால், நான் சில திருத்தங்கள் செய்தேன் மற்றும் முதல் மாடி வீட்டிற்கு புதிய மூன்று படி EB இணைப்பை பெற விரும்பினேன். அவர்கள் வீட்டின் பெயரை என் பெயரில் மாற்ற வேண்டும் எனக் கூறினார்கள். எனவே, சொத்துப் பெயரை என் பெயரில் மாற்றுவதற்காக, கடந்த வாரம் பதிவாளர் அலுவலகத்தில் இருந்து முத்திரை பதிக்கப்பட்ட மற்றும் கையெழுத்திடப்பட்ட தாய் பத்திரம் பெற்றோம், மேலும் எங்கள் சொத்து ஆவணங்கள் என் தந்தையின் பெயரில் உள்ளன.

என் தந்தையார் அருகே வைத்திருந்த சிட்டா ஆவணத்தை கொண்டு ஒரு வழக்கறிஞரை அணுகிய போது, ​​EC எடுக்க முயன்றபோது, ​​அது நிலம் தடையசெய்யப்பட்டது மற்றும் அரசு உரிமையில் உள்ளது என்று காட்டியது. இது எங்களுக்கு மிகுந்த அதிர்ச்சியாக இருந்தது, ஏனெனில் நாங்கள் இதுவரை எங்களின் சொத்தை விற்க முயற்சிக்கவோ, கடன் பெறவோ அல்லது எந்தவித கட்டிடம் அனுமதி பெறவோ முயற்சிக்கவில்லை. ஆவணங்கள் எப்போதும் எங்கள் குடும்பத்திடம் இருந்தது.

ஆன்லைனில் EC பெற முயற்சித்த போது, ​​எங்கள் சர்வே எண்ணிக்கையில் எதுவும் கிடைக்கவில்லை. எங்கள் தெருவில் உள்ள அனைத்து வீடுகளின் EC-ஐ சரிபார்க்கும் போது, ​​அவற்றின் எல்லை பகுதியில் என் தந்தையின் பெயர் இருந்தது. ஒரு வழக்கறிஞர் இதனை சரி செய்ய பல லட்சங்கள் ஆகும் எனக் கூறினார்.

1975 முதல் இன்றுவரை நாங்கள் தொடர்ந்து சொத்து வரிகள், தண்ணீர் வரி, EB கட்டணம் போன்ற அனைத்தையும் கட்டிவருகிறோம். இந்த வீட்டில் இரண்டாவது தலைமுறை உள்ள நாங்கள், அதை என் மகனுக்குப் (மூன்றாவது தலைமுறை) பரம்பரையாக வழங்க விரும்புகிறோம். லஞ்சம் (குருகு வழி) கொடுக்காமல் இந்த பிரச்சினையை தீர்க்க உறுதியாக இருக்கிறேன். எங்கள் பக்கம் எந்த தவறும் இல்லை என்று நான் பார்கிறேன். அனைத்து ஆவணங்களும் எங்களிடம் உள்ளது. 1975 இல் ஆரம்ப விற்பனையாளர் எந்தவித மோசடியில் ஈடுபடவில்லை, ஒரே நிலத்திற்கு பலர் உரிமை கோரவில்லை...இப்படியான எந்த பிரச்சினையும் இல்லை. எங்கள் நிலம் அனாதீனம் நிலம் என்று குறிக்கப்பட்டதற்கான அடிப்படையில் எந்த தவறும் இல்லை என்று நாங்கள் நம்புகிறோம். இது அனைத்து ஆவணங்களையும் டிஜிடல் செய்தபோது நிகழ்ந்த ஒரு ஆவண பிழையாக இருக்கலாம். எங்கள் வீட்டின் சர்வே எண் மட்டும் எங்கள் அயல் வீட்டின் சர்வே எண்ணில் மாறுபடுகிறது, ஏனெனில் அவர்கள் 1976க்குப் பிறகு நிலத்தை வாங்கினர்.

இந்த பிரச்சினையை லஞ்சம் (குருகு வழி) கொடுக்காமல் சட்டரீதியாக எவ்வாறு தீர்க்குவது என்பது குறித்த உங்கள் நிபுணத்துவ ஆலோசனையை மிகவும் நன்றி கேட்கிறேன்.

நன்றி மற்றும் வாழ்த்துகள்,
தருண்

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 July 2024

You first ascertain the details of the property that for what reason it has been blocked from the revenue department.

If they are not cooperative then you can obtain the desired details by submitting an application through RTI act.

After that you can decide about escalating the matter through court of law for relief and remedy in furtherance.

1 Like

Tharun   11 July 2024

will this help ?

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 July 2024

In this context, Government of Tamil Nadu has issued dtailed instruction dated 31/03/2022 which could be accessed at https://tnlandsurvey.tn.gov.in/assets2/pdf/GO/RTI_GO_and_Circulars/K8-36934-2019%20dtd%2031.03.2022%20-%20circular.pdf

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register