LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

santhosh.ganesh revankar   01 August 2024

Bank demanding modt charges after 7 months of home loan even if it was paid earlier

I have transferred my home loan from pnb housing finance to AXIS BANK in the month of January 2024. At that time, the modt charges were 0.2%, so 14,900 was deducted by AXIS BANK from disbursement amount.

Later, after 3-4 months, karnataka government increased the stamp duty of modt to 0.5%. Now as on current date bank is asking me to pay the difference of 23,000 rupees after 7 months of taking the loan.

How is this possible? In this sense if I carry the loan for Full 30 year, and if government raise the stamp duty to 3%, Bank might ask me to pay extra 2 lakhs as modt.

Kindly advise on the same as bank is asking to pay the amount or my principal amount increases.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 August 2024

Here are some common charges imposed by banks: 1. *Account Maintenance Fees*: Monthly or annual fees for maintaining an account. 2. *Overdraft Fees*: Charges for exceeding account balance or overdraft limits. 3. *Late Payment Fees*: Charges for late payment of credit card balances or loans. 4. *Transaction Fees*: Charges for specific transactions, such as: - ATM usage fees - Wire transfer fees - Check deposit fees - Online payment fees 5. *Loan Processing Fees*: Charges for processing loan applications. 6. *Credit Card Fees*: Annual fees, late payment fees, and interest charges. 7. *Insufficient Fund Fees*: Charges for bounced checks or failed electronic payments. 8. *Account Closure Fees*: Charges for early account closure or termination. 9. *Statement Fees*: Charges for paper statements or additional statement requests. 10. *Customer Service Fees*: Charges for special services, such as: - Phone or email support - Branch visits - Account research 11. *Interbank Transfer Fees*: Charges for transferring funds between banks. 12. *Debit Card Fees*: Charges for debit card usage, such as: - Point-of-sale transactions - ATM withdrawals 13. *Foreign Transaction Fees*: Charges for international transactions. 14. *Minimum Balance Fees*: Charges for failing to maintain minimum account balances. 15. *Dormancy Fees*: Charges for inactive accounts. Note that not all banks impose all of these charges, and fees can vary widely between institutions. Additionally, some banks offer fee-free accounts or waive certain fees for certain customers.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 August 2024

This appears that the bank delayed taking  the steps to register the memorandum of title deed and had not done immediately. 

Therefore there was an excess stamp duty. 

You may refuse to pay the additional amount stating that you are not responsible for the delay. 

If they still insist then you can resort to legal action against the bank 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register