Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CHANNI MALIK (Colonel)     28 July 2024

Can a fir be files after death of super senior citizen

1. My mother aged 88 years was residing with me since 2010, after my supeannuation from the Army, from rank of Colonel, on 31 October 2010.
  2. My mother died, last year on 22 Aug 2023, while staying with me. 
  3. I have a sister 12 years younger than me.
  4. She is now threatening me that she will file FIR on the pretext i had been intimidating her during her stay with me.
  5. Now I can't even seek verdict of my mother in my defence to prove that all the accusations are wrongly being framed against me.

Learning

13 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 July 2024

The alleged intimidation reportedly taken place more than a decade ago will not be entertained by court considering it as an after thought for avenging somebody due to personal vengeance.

Hence you need not be worried about it, and ask her to proceed, even the court will not entertain any such fictitious claim at this belated stage.

You can challenge the same on merits even in case she succeeds to file a case.

CHANNI MALIK (Colonel)     28 July 2024

Sir,

Sister says it has all happened recently before death of mother last year in August.

I wonder how come she remained silently watching all this.

Now my mother is also not alive to defend her only surving son, whom she loved so much and passed away in my arms

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 July 2024

First of all wait and watch if she is trying to make a complaint against you and whether the same is entertained by police or not is to be seen. 

Her allegations cannot be asserted by her without any evidence. 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     29 July 2024

She has extended threat only but not beyond that.

Accordingly wait for further action of your sister and contest it, if any.

CHANNI MALIK (Colonel)     29 July 2024

Thanks and wish me luck

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 July 2024

You are welcome, may God bless you with luck alone

Alisha Kohli   01 August 2024

Who is going to prove that the allegations are wrong as the major evidence was of mother and besides that if she wants some thing from you and is trying to threat you , file a case of criminal intimidation and extortion against her as she wants your property and she is doing all this for money.

Belinda Dlima   02 August 2024

My mom is been cheated in property of her father where in her brother son has just broke down the house & sold his right to th builder

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     03 August 2024

The facts posted by Col Channi Malik, original queriest, with your (Belinda Dlima) are totally different accordingly law applicable on the posts (both queries) cannot be same.

It is advisable to post your facts vis-a-vis query separately for better appreciation, forming proper opinion and advise.

CHANNI MALIK (Colonel)     03 August 2024

Alisha

Thanks a lot for your encouraging advice and opinion.

People like you are very few.

Can it be possible to consult you in person. I am in Delhi.

Alisha Kohli   03 August 2024

Yes u can seek consultation on email and my no .

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 August 2024

Originally posted by : Belinda Dlima
My mom is been cheated in property of her father where in her brother son has just broke down the house & sold his right to th builder

Please post the query in a seperate thread.

CHANNI MALIK (Colonel)     04 August 2024

Alisha

I don't see your mobile or email

colonelcs.malik@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register