Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhineet Arora (-)     18 February 2011

maintenance of 23 yrs old or 52 years mother

hello everyone, i am 23 yrs old guy, just started working though my salary is just 7k. my mother is a house wife. My father earns around 18-20 laks per annum but he gives us only 15000 per month as maintenance. now wat i wanna ask am i liable for maintenance if yes, how much and how to claim that.

my mother is 52 years old, medically unwell most of the time. how much can she get as maintenance per month

plz clarify if she files for a divorce, will she have a disadvantage... 

plz revert back to me asap

Learning

1 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     18 February 2011

@ Author,

1. No. You are not eligible to be maintained by your father !

2. If both your parents are not divorced then under ‘personal’ civil domain enhancement of upkeep money that your father is paying as household expenses can be sorted within four walls if family ties to be retained.

If above is not possible for whatever reasons then your mother needs to file Maint. case seeking maint. from your father. I donot see element as in grounds of ‘divorce’ in your provided briefs.

4. Flip para 3 and feel probably your father is not living with you and your mother is left on your care and without divorce your parents are pulling the ‘social show’ in that case why press them for divorce from your side? Instead suggest your mother to file S. 125 CrPC maint. case and the inevitable may happen at the end if they can’t live under a roof yet donot want to give upkeep money as per status of his.

Flip further; your mother can also file a maint. case on you under S. 125 CrPC as parents have right to seek maint. from their married / un – married children if they can’t live with same status as their children at old age with no source of income to look themselves.

A bit personal your issues are which are besides the point as in replied para 1 - 5.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register