Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous   04 September 2024

File allegations

My husband has filed for a divorce, sent me divorce papers.. He has put allegations against me. I am fighting my own case, not engaging a lawyer. How do I reply to those allegations. On an e-stamp paper with notary signature?  I want to file allegations against my husband too. How do I do that? On an e-stamp paper with notary signature and what is affidavit? Pls reply. 

Thanks & Regards

Learning

7 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     04 September 2024

If ytou want to file objections to the divorcepetition then draft them very carefully, you have to deny each alligation and reply the allegations. You can attach a sworn affidavit with your objections ad just notrazie the affidavit.

You should see if you can file electronic documents or hard copies.

1 Like

Thank you Sir. By hard copies do you mean handwritten? Does that need notary signature too? By electronic documents do you mean e-stamp paper? Pls reply sir

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 September 2024

You are required to file counter objections to his divorce petition by first denying his allegations point by point. After that you can include all the allegations against him from your side in the same counter.

you can draft the same in a A4 size white paper and get it printed back to back and get it notarised or attested at the end of the counter and submit it before the court.

1 Like

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     04 September 2024

But in your last quries you mentioned you have filed for mutual consent divorce ... you have filed any agreement or signed mutual divorce . If not then draft wriiten statement /objections and printout the  pages and sign each page and verify last page and attach one affidavit notzise that,. You have not rpovided the place the divorce is filed,. You can appear on next hearing with three copies of written statement/objections and submit two copies to court and keep one copy for your record.

Just read each para of divorce petition and reply with clear denial for allegations.

1 Like

My husband filed allegations against me and told me to not reply to those allegations for which I agreed. The file has now gone into mediation and he's not attending the given dates promptly. Previously my file was in mediation for many months and I was not informed about it. Fed up of him not attending mediation on given dates. I feel like such a fool for not contesting when many advised me to contest. So I am taking the file out of mediation and send it to the court for contesting. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 September 2024

If he's not trustworthy anymore, you may better decide to challenge his allegations by deciding to drop the unfeasible mutual consent divorce case and continue with the present contested divorce case itself.

1 Like

Anonymous   05 September 2024

Thank you Sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register